Thank you for your interest in the Suffolk Children's University....
For every child that takes part in Children's University we want the following outcomes:
- They feel they have grown in confidence and self-belief.
- They have enjoyed new experiences, in new places and want to keep exploring.
- They believe they have a broader range of essential skills.
- They feel empowered to make positive choices about their future.
- They see that learning is fun, aspirational and lifelong.
- They feel their eyes have been opened to a multiplicity of learning activities and opportunities.
- They feel celebrated for their commitment to learning by their family, school and community
Who we are and what we do: The Children’s University in Suffolk was established in 2018 and is managed by the Essex Children’s University Trust, a registered charity that works in partnership with schools to develop a love of learning in children.
We do this by encouraging and celebrating participation in extra-curricular activities in and outside of school.
The impact of these activities is proven to be positive.
Management and Governance: Suffolk Children's University in managed by the Children's University Manager, with the support of an experienced Board of Trustees.
A schools membership programme, moving into our second year of operation, Suffolk Children’s University has worked with 20 schools across the County of Suffolk.
How it works: Children's University Learners are issued with their own Passport to Learning. They use this to record their participation in extra-curricular activities outside of school. They are working towards National Certificates which recognise, reward and celebrate their achievements. Certificates are presented at a Children's University Graduation Ceremony, held at venues around Suffolk.
Our first Suffolk CU Graduations were held in 2019 with 100 CU Learners receiving Awards at Ceremonies held at Kentwell Hall, Suffolk One and The Red House in Aldeburgh.
Get Involved: We welcome enquiries from schools interested in becoming members, and families who choose to educate their children at home.
If you are interested in working with us as a Learning Destination, joining us as a Membership School or wish to make enquiries of our work with home educator families, please get in touch.